Stephen Regman opened to options

Stephen Regman celebrates at CFFC 63 on Saturday, Feb. 24, 2017. Photo Credit: CFFC MMA/ MDphotoandink.

Stephen Regman (6-3 MMA, 5-2 CFFC) is looking to return to the cage, but is unsure of which promotion it may be.

After seven straight fights with Cage Fury Fighting Championships, the 25-year-old is open to the possibilities of fighting elsewhere. With no timetable, he is waiting for an opportunity.

“I’m not under contract (with CFFC) and if they want me to fight again then I’ll fight,” Regman said. “My coach and manager are talking to a couple promotions trying to get me a fight, so we’ll see what happens.”

Regman fought for two promotions in his career, the CFFC and Ring of Combat.

In his first two bouts as a professional, he competed inside the ROC cage.

In his pro debut Sept 20, 2013, he dropped a unanimous decision to Eddie Lenoci at ROC 46. In the following bout, he put away Jonathan Hughes with a TKO in the first round at ROC 47.

Most recently, Regman re-entered the win column after suffering a two-fight losing streak. After being taken down throughout rounds one and two by Dave Marfone at CCFC 63, Regman caught his opponent with a right hand.

Regman finished Marfone by TKO at 0:51 in the third round Feb. 24, 2017.

In 2016, Regman suffered his second straight defeat after losing by unanimous decision to Michael Wilkins at CFFC 58 on May 21, 2016. Previous to the Wilkins bout, the New York native lost by a third-round TKO to UFC lightweight Darrel Horcher in a scheduled five-round title bout at CFFC 52 Oct. 31, 2015.

Previously, Regman earned five-straight victories with wins against Jordan Stiner, Shelby Graham, Alan Stephenson, Alfred Alo and Jonathan Hughes. Out of those victories, he finished four of his opponents.

Currently, Regman ranks as the No. 10 lightweight in New Jersey. On the Northeast, he is pegged as the No. 31 155 lbs. fighter.

With some plans in the works, Regman said he is not getting his hopes up until it is official.

“I don’t get to excited until contracts are signed,” Regman said.

By NJ MMA News Staff

Writing for NJ MMA New since 2011, Connor is passionate about covering local mixed martial arts. He graduated from Temple University’s School of Media and Communications with a bachelor’s degree in journalism. His love for MMA stems from his past as a high school wrestler and jiu-jitsu blue belt. Former UFC fighter Kurt Pellegrino coached Connor in his senior year of high school. He worked as a Rally Sports Desk report for The Philadelphia Inquirer and interned as a sports reporter for the Philadelphia Daily News.